Zhang, Zhong Hua (2011) Designing Sustainable Supply Chain Networks. Masters thesis, Concordia University.
- Accepted Version
- Accepted Version
|Divisions:||Concordia University > Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science > Concordia Institute for Information Systems Engineering|
|Item Type:||Thesis (Masters)|
|Authors:||Zhang, Zhong Hua|
|Degree Name:||M.A. Sc.|
|Program:||Quality Systems Engineering|
|Date:||30 March 2011|
|Thesis Supervisor(s):||Awasthi, Anjali|
|Keywords:||Sustainable, Supply Chain Management, Voice of Customer, Quality Function Deployment, Sustainable Function Deployment, Systematic Literature Review, Optimization, Mathematical Programming, Operations Research, Supply Chain Network Design, Sustainable Supply Chain Management|
|Deposited By:||ZHONG HUA ZHANG|
|Deposited On:||09 Jun 2011 14:43|
|Last Modified:||04 Jan 2012 20:16|
1. Cooper, M.C., D.M. Lambert, and A.D. Pagh, Supply Chain Management: More Than a New Name for Logistics. International Journal of Logistics Management, 1997. 8(1): p. 1 - 14.
2. Larson, P. and A. Halldorsson, Logistics versus supply chain management: An international survey. International Journal of Logistics Research and Applications, 2004. 7(1): p. 17-31.
3. Bolstorff, P. and R. Rosenbaum, Supply Chain Excellence: A Handbook for Dramatic Improvement Using the SCOR Model. Second Edition ed. 2007, New York, NY, USA: American Management Association.
4. Simchi-Levi, D., P. Kaminsky, and E. Simchi-Levi, Designing and Managing the Supply Chain: Concepts, Strategies, and Case Studies. Third Edition ed. 2008, New York, NY, USA: McGraw-Hill/Irwin.
5. Feller, A., D. Shunk, and T. Callarman. Value Chains Versus Supply Chains. 2006; Available from: www.bptrends.com.
6. Jayaraman, V. and T. Baker, The Internet as an Enabler for Dynamic Pricing of Goods. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 2003. 50(4): p. 470-477.
7. Chou, M.C., et al., Analysis of a Software-Focused Products and Service Supply Chain. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 2006. 2(4): p. 295-302.
8. Moyaux, T., B. Chaib-draa, and S. D’Amours, Information Sharing as a Coordination Mechanism for Reducing the Bullwhip Effect in a Supply Chain. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics - PART C: Applications and Revies, 2007. 37(3): p. 396-409.
9. Sarkis, J. and S. Talluri, Evaluating and selecting e-commerce software and communication systems for a supply chain. European Journal of Operational Research, 2004. 159: p. 318-329.
10. Mentzer, J.T., et al., Defining Supply Chain Management. Journal of Business and Logistics, 2001. 22(2): p. 1-24.
11. Croxton, K.L., et al., The Supply Chain Management Processes. International Journal of Logistics Management, 2001. 12(2): p. 13-36.
12. Shi, L. and S. Ólafsson, Supply Chain Network Design, in Nested Partitions Method, Theory and Applications. 2009, Springer US. p. 157-171.
13. Beamon, B.M., Supply chain design and analysis: Models and methods. International Journal of Production Economics, 1998. 55(3): p. 281-294.
14. Nagurney, A., Supply chain network design under profit maximization and oligopolistic competition. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 2010. 46(3): p. 281-294.
15. Hübner, R., Strategic Supply Chain Management in Process Industries: An Application to Specialty Chemicals Production Network Design. 2007, New York, USA: Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
16. Nagurney, A., A system-optimization perspective for supply chain network integration: The horizontal merger case. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 2009. 45(1): p. 1-15.
17. Chen, C., Multi-objective optimization of multi-echelon supply chain networks with uncertain product demands and prices. Computers & Chemical Engineering, 2004. 28(6-7): p. 1131-1144.
18. Hillier, F.S. and G.J. Lieberman, Introduction to Operations Research. Ninth ed. 2010, New York, USA: McGraw-Hill Higher Education.
19. Balan, S., P. Vrat, and P. Kumar, Assessing the challenges and opportunities of global supply chain management. International Journal of Value Chain Management, 2006. 1(2): p. 105-116.
20. Burgess, K., P.J. Singh, and R. Koroglu, Supply chain management: a structured literature review and implications for future research. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 2006. 26(7): p. 703-729.
21. Fortes, J., Green Supply Chain Management: A Literature Review, in Otago Management Graduate Review. 2009, The Department of Management, University of Otago Dunedin, New Zealand p. 51-62.
22. Blowfield, M.E., Going global: how to identify and manage societal expectations in supply chains (and the consequences of failure). Corporate Governance, 2005. 5(3): p. 119-128.
23. Welford, R. and S. Frost, Corporate social responsibility in Asian supply chains. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 2006. 13(3): p. 166-176.
24. AIMMS. Available from: www.aimms.com.
25. Meredith, J., Theory Building through Conceptual Methods. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 1993. 13(5): p. 3-11.
26. Easterby-Smith, M., R. Thorpe, and A. Lowe, Management Research: An Introduction. Second ed. 2001, London, UK: Sage Publications Ltd.
27. Srivastava, S.K., Green supply-chain management: A state-of-the-art literature review. International Journal of Management Reviews, 2007. 9(1): p. 53-80.
28. Seuring, S. and M. Muller, From a literature review to a conceptual framework for sustainable supply chain management. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2008. 16(15): p. 1699-1710.
29. Oliver, R.K. and M.D. Webber, Logistics: The Strategic Issues. Supply-chain management: logistics catches up with strategy, ed. M. Christopher. 1982, London, UK: Chapman & Hall. 63-75.
30. Porter, M.E., Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance. First ed. 1998, New York, NY, USA: Free Press.
31. Mouritsen, J., T. Skjøtt-Larsen, and H. Kotzab, Exploring the contours of supply chain management. Integrated Manufacturing Systems, 2003. 14(8): p. 686-695.
32. Hult, G.T.M., D.J.K. JR, and M. Arrfelt, Strategic Supply Chain Management: Improving Performance Through a Culture of Competitiveness and Knowledge Development. Strategic Management Journal, 2007. 28: p. 1035-1052.
33. Stewart, G., Supply-chain operations reference model (SCOR): the first cross-industry framework for integrated supply-chain management. Logistics Information Management, 1997. 10(2): p. 62-67.
34. Georgiadis, P. and M. Besiou, Sustainability in electrical and electronic equipment closed-loop supply chains: A System Dynamics approach. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2008. 16(15): p. 1665-1678.
35. Ferretti, I., et al., Greening the aluminium supply chain. International Journal of Production Economics, 2007. 108(1-2): p. 236-245.
36. Vachon, S., Green supply chain practices and the selection of environmental technologies. International Journal of Production Research, 2007. 45(18): p. 4357-4379.
37. Gustavson, R., The Company Directors’ Perspective of Corporate Social Responsibility. 2009: p. 97-117.
38. Lankoski, L., Corporate responsibility activities and economic performance: a theory of why and how they are connected. Business Strategy and the Environment, 2008. 17(8): p. 536-547.
39. Linton, J., R. Klassen, and V. Jayaraman, Sustainable supply chains: An introduction. Journal of Operations Management, 2007. 25(6): p. 1075-1082.
40. Vasileiou, K. and J. Morris, The sustainability of the supply chain for fresh potatoes in Britain. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 2006. 11(4): p. 317-327.
41. Croom, S.R., Toward the development of a supply chain management paradigm: a conceptual framework. Journal of Supply Chain Management 2004.
42. Porter, M.E., Competitive Advantage. 1985, New York, NY, USA: The Free Press. 11-15.
43. Kreipl, S. and M. Pinedo, Planning and Scheduling in Supply Chains: An Overview of Issues in Practice. Production and Operations Management Society, 2004. 13(1): p. 77-92.
44. Paulraj, A. and I.J. Chen, Environmental Uncertainty and Strategic Supply Management: A Resource Dependence Perspective and Performance Implications. Journal of Supply Chain Management, 2007. 4(3): p. 29-42.
45. Hu, G. and B. Bidanda, Modeling sustainable product lifecycle decision support systems. International Journal of Production Economics, 2009. 122(1): p. 366-375.
46. Wisner, J.D., K.-C. Tan, and G.K. Leong, Principles of Supply Chain Management: A Balanced Approach. Second ed. 2009, Mason, UH, USA: South-Western Cengage Learning.
47. Piplani, R., N. Pujawan, and S. Ray, Sustainable supply chain management. International Journal of Production Economics, 2008. 111(2): p. 193-194.
48. Seuring, S., et al., Sustainability and supply chain management – An introduction to the special issue. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2008. 16(15): p. 1545-1551.
49. Glavic, P. and R. Lukman, Review of sustainability terms and their definitions. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2007. 15(18): p. 1875-1885.
50. Lapide, L., What About Measuring Supply Chain Performance?, in Achieving Supply Chain Excellence Through Technology, AMR Research. p. 287-297.
51. Gunasekaran, A., C. Patel, and R.E. McGaughey, A framework for supply chain performance measurement. International Journal of Production Economics, 2004. 87: p. 333-347.
52. Gunasekaran, A., C. Patel, and E. Tirtiroglu, Performance measures and metrics in a supply chain environment. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 2001. 21(1/2): p. 71-87.
53. Brewe, P.C. and T.W. Speh, Using the balanced scorecard to measure supply chain performance. Journal of Business Logistics, 2000. 21(1): p. 75-93.
54. Beamon, B.M., Measuring supply chain performance. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 1999. 19(3): p. 275-292.
55. Shepherd, C. and H. Günter, Measuring supply chain performance: current research and future directions. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 2006. 55(3/4): p. 242-258.
56. Adams, W.M. The Future of Sustainability: Re-thinking Environment and Development in the Twenty-first Century. 2006; Available from: http://cmsdata.iucn.org/downloads/iucn_future_of_sustanability.pdf.
58. Aramyan, L.H., Measure Supply Chain Performance in the Agri-food Sector. 2007, Wageningen University: Wageningen, NL.
59. Debrito, M., V. Carbone, and C. Blanquart, Towards a sustainable fashion retail supply chain in Europe: Organisation and performance. International Journal of Production Economics, 2008. 114(2): p. 534-553.
60. Kehbila, A.G., J.r. Ertel, and A.C. Brent, Corporate sustainability, ecological modernization and the policy process in the South African automotive industry. Business Strategy and the Environment, 2009: p. n/a-n/a.
61. Lambert, D.M. and T.L. Pohlen, Supply Chain Metrics. International Journal of Logistics Management, 2001. 12(1): p. 1-19.
62. Smith, B.G., Developing sustainable food supply chains. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, 2008. 363(1492): p. 849-861.
63. Darnall, N., G.J. Jolley, and R. Handfield, Environmental management systems and green supply chain management: complements for sustainability? Business Strategy and the Environment, 2008. 17(1): p. 30-45.
64. Kleijnen, J.P. and M.T. Smits, Performance metrics in supply chain management. Journal of the Operational Research Society, 2003. 0: p. 1-8.
65. Bhagwat, R. and M.K. Sharma, Performance measurement of supply chain management: A balanced scorecard approach. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 2007. 53: p. 43-62.
66. Beamon, B.M., Designing the green supply chain. Logistics Information Management, 1999. 12(4): p. 332-342.
67. Quariguasi Frota Neto, J., et al., From closed-loop to sustainable supply chains: the WEEE case. International Journal of Production Research, 2010. 48(15): p. 4463-4481.
68. Holton, I., J. Glass, and A.D.F. Price, Managing for sustainability: findings from four company case studies in the UK precast concrete industry. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2010. 18(2): p. 152-160.
69. Wolfslehner, B. and H. Vacik, Evaluating sustainable forest management strategies with the Analytic Network Process in a Pressure-State-Response framework. Journal of Environmental Management, 2008. 88(1): p. 1-10.
70. Vespermann, J. and A. Wittmer, Financial, ecological and managerial impacts of emission trading schemes: the case of Lufthansa. Business Strategy and the Environment, 2010: p. n/a-n/a.
71. Holt, D. and A. Ghobadian, An empirical study of green supply chain management practices amongst UK manufacturers. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, 2009. 20(7): p. 933-956.
72. Curkovic, S. and R. Sroufe, Using ISO 14001 to promote a sustainable supply chain strategy. Business Strategy and the Environment, 2010: p. n/a-n/a.
73. Beske, P., J. Koplin, and S. Seuring, The use of environmental and social standards by German first-tier suppliers of the Volkswagen AG. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 2008. 15(2): p. 63-75.
74. González-Benito, J. and Ó. González-Benito, The role of stakeholder pressure and managerial values in the implementation of environmental logistics practices. International Journal of Production Research, 2006. 44(7): p. 1353-1373.
75. Kainuma, Y. and N. Tawara, A multiple attribute utility theory approach to lean and green supply chain management. International Journal of Production Economics, 2006. 101(1): p. 99-108.
76. Hutchins, M. and J. Sutherland, An exploration of measures of social sustainability and their application to supply chain decisions. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2008. 16(15): p. 1688-1698.
77. Eltantawy, R.A., G.L. Fox, and L. Giunipero, Supply management ethical responsibility: reputation and performance impacts. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 2009. 14(2): p. 99-108.
78. Svensson, G., The transparency of SCM ethics: conceptual framework and empirical illustrations. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 2009. 14(4): p. 259-269.
79. Collins, E., J. Roper, and S. Lawrence, Sustainability practices: trends in New Zealand businesses. Business Strategy and the Environment, 2010. 19(8): p. 479-494.
80. Perrini, F., et al., The impact of corporate social responsibility associations on trust in organic products marketed by mainstream retailers: a study of Italian consumers. Business Strategy and the Environment, 2010. 19(8): p. 512-526.
81. Beamon, B.M., Environmental and Sustainability Ethics in Supply Chain Management,Science and Engineering Ethics,Springer Netherlands,p221-234.pdf>. Science and Engineering Ethics, 2005. 11(2): p. 221-234.
82. Baughn, C.C., N.L. Bodie, and J.C. McIntosh, Corporate social and environmental responsibility in Asian countries and other geographical regions. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, 2007. 14(4): p. 189-205.
83. Adivar, B., et al., Improving social welfare chain using optimal planning model. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 2010. 15(4): p. 290-305.
84. Pavlovich, K. and M. Akoorie, Innovation, sustainability and regional development: the Nelson/Marlborough seafood cluster, New Zealand. Business Strategy and the Environment, 2010. 19(6): p. 377-386.
85. Bos-Brouwers, H.E.J., Corporate sustainability and innovation in SMEs: evidence of themes and activities in practice. Business Strategy and the Environment, 2009: p. n/a-n/a.
86. GSCM: Manufacturing –A Canadian Perspective, Industry Canada, Editor. 2009.
87. GSCM: Retail Chains & Consumer Product Goods – A Canadaian Perspective, Industry Canada, Editor. 2009.
88. GSCM: Logistics & Transportation Services– A Canadaian Perspective, Industry Canada, Editor. 2009.
89. Apaiah, R. and E. Hendrix, Design of a supply chain network for pea-based novel protein foods. Journal of Food Engineering, 2005. 70(3): p. 383-391.
90. Kengpol, A., Design of a decision support system to evaluate logistics distribution network in Greater Mekong Subregion Countries. International Journal of Production Economics, 2008. 115(2): p. 388-399.
91. Chaabane, A., et al. An integrated logistics model for environmental conscious supply chain network design. in the Fourteenth Americas Conference on Information Systems. 2008. Toronto, ON, Canada.
92. Frotaneto, J., et al., Designing and evaluating sustainable logistics networks. International Journal of Production Economics, 2008. 111(2): p. 195-208.
93. Nagurney, A. and L. Nagurney, Sustainable supply chain network design: a multicriteria perspective. International Journal of Sustainable Engineering, 2010. 3(3): p. 189-197.
94. Nagurney, A., Z. Liu, and T. Woolley, Sustainable Supply Chain and Transportation Networks. International Journal of Sustainable Transportation, 2007. 1(1): p. 29-51.
95. Tsoulfas, G. and C. Pappis, A model for supply chains environmental performance analysis and decision making. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2008. 16(15): p. 1647-1657.
96. Cruz, J., Dynamics of supply chain networks with corp
All items in Spectrum are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved. The use of items is governed by Spectrum's terms of access.
Repository Staff Only: item control page
Downloads per month over past year