Davies, N. and Bird, Peter H. and Wallbridge, M. G. H. (1968) Spectroscopic studies on derivatives of aluminium borohydride. Journal of the Chemical Society A: Inorganic, Physical, Theoretical (9). pp. 2269-2272. ISSN 0022-4944
- Published Version
Official URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.1039/J19680002269
The assignment of group frequencies in the i.r. spectra of derivatives of aluminium borohydride has been made by the use of aluminium borodeuteride. Variations in the spectra with the change of ligand are discussed. The properties of the compounds in solutions have been studied using 1H n.m.r. spectroscopy, and data obtained over a range of temperature indicate that the 1 : 1 adducts with trimethylamine and trimethylphosphine dissociate in solution, and probably exist in equilibrium with both the 1 : 2 adducts, e.g. Al(BH4)3,2NMe3 and free aluminium borohydride
|Divisions:||Concordia University > Faculty of Arts and Science > Chemistry and Biochemistry|
|Authors:||Davies, N. and Bird, Peter H. and Wallbridge, M. G. H.|
|Journal or Publication:||Journal of the Chemical Society A: Inorganic, Physical, Theoretical|
|Deposited By:||DANIELLE DENNIE|
|Deposited On:||15 Jun 2011 19:44|
|Last Modified:||24 Aug 2016 21:26|
1 P. H. Bird and M. G. H. Walibridge, J . Chem. Soc., 1965,
2 P. H. Bird and M. G. H. Wallbridge, J . Chein. SOC. (-4), 1967, 661.
3. N. A. Bailey, P. H. Bird, and If. G. H. Wallbridge, Comm., 1965, 438
4. N. A. Bailey, P. H. Bird, and M. G. H. Wallbridge, Chem. Comm., 1966, 286
5. N. A. Bailey, P. H. Bird, and M. G. H. Wallbridge, Inorg. Chem., 1968, in the press.
6. A. R. Emery and R. C. Taylor, Spectrochim. Ada, 1960, 16, 1455.
7. W. C. Price, J. Chem. Phys., 1949, 17, 1044.
8. L. S. Bartell and B. L. Carroll, J. Chem. Phys., 1965, 42, 1135.
9. A. Almenningen, G. Gundersen, and A. Haaland, Acta Chem. Scand., 1968, 22, 328.
10. J. A. Pople, W. G. Schneider, and H. J. Bernstein, ' High Resolution Nuclear Magnetic Resonance, McGraw-Hill, London, 1969, p. 223.
Repository Staff Only: item control page